As part of my advent calendar 2019 I have developed this quick and easy icicle tree ornament. The pattern is easy to adjust in both length and tightness of curl. This is a quick and easy crochet pattern that can use up your left over yarn! The pattern will take around half an hour at most. It really makes a lovley addition to any Christmas tree.
Crochet hook: I used a 2.5mm hook to match the yarn I had chosen.
Yarn: I used 8 ply yarn left over from another project. You can find it here.
- Row 1: chain 51
- Row 2: Slip stitch into second from hook, (3 sc into next chain stitch) repeat () 5 times, (3 hdc into next chain stitch) repeat () 10 times, (3 dc into next chain stitch) repeat () 15 times, (3 tr into next chain stitch) repeat () 20 times.
- Row 3: (loop) Chain 25 and slip stitch back into the top of the last treble crochet. alternativley you can sl stitch into the first sc on the other side of the icicle.
Tailoring: To reduce the tightness of the twists change the lots of 3 in round 2 to either 1 or 2 of each stitch in each chain. To increase add more stitches to each chain stitch.
To change the length to be longer add chains to round one. Scale up the sc, hdc, dc and tr stitch numbers in round 2 to suit. If you wish to make the icicke shorter remove stitches from round 1 and scale appropriately in round 2 the ration of sc: hdc:dc:tr is 1:2:3:4.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.