In the lead up to Christmas I worked on a range of home made crochet presents for my relatives. My mother in law loves a spa day so this spa kit was the perfect gift. While there are many spa day patterns around, I thought I would experiment and make my own spa day face scrubbies.
The face scrubbies make a great spa kit with a crochet pouf and a wash cloth. I didn’t follow any patterns for my wash cloth, just a square of dc crochet as i found a nice soft and fluffy yarn to use.
I use US crochet terms:
fpsc=front post single crochet
dc cl 3= double crochet cluster three stitches
dc cl 4= double crochet cluster four stitches
dc= double crochet
fpdc= front post double crochet
Pattern 1: Flower Petals
round 1: in a magic ring dc 12. tighten loop. sl stitch in top of dc to join.
round 2: ch2, puff stitch in top of dc. ch2, puff stitch in top of the next dc. repeat from * to* around. ch 2. slip stitch into the first puff stitch.
round 3: ch2, dc cluster 3, ch3. repeat from * to * around . sip stitch to top of the first cluster stitch.
round 4: ch 1: in ch 3 space sc 3. sc in top of dc cluster, in next ch 3 space ch3. repeat around. in last dc cluster sc. slip stitch in first sc. fasten off and weave in ends.
Pattern 2: Daisy
round 1: in a magic ring *cluster stitch, ch2 * six times. pull magic ring closed. slip stitch into the firs cluster stitch.
round 2 : ch1. cluster stitch in the top of the first cluster stitch, ch 2 in ch 2 space cl, ch 2, cl in top of cl, ch2, 5 times. in ch 2 space cl, ch2, slip stitch in top first cluster.
round 3 : ch1. cluster stitch in the top of the first cluster stitch, ch 2 in ch 2 space cl, ch 2, cl in top of cl, ch2, 11 times. in ch 2 spac cl, ch2, slip stitch in top first cluster. fasten off and tie in loose ends.
Pattern 3: Puff
round 1: in a magic ring dc 10. pull tight and sl into the first dc.
round 2: ch 2. in top of dc cl, ch 2, in top of next dc cl, repeat from * to * 9 times. ch2, slip stitch into top of first cl.
round 3: ch2, 3 dc in ch2 space. repeat in each ch2 space. sl stitch into first dc.
round 4: ch1, sc in each dc around. slip stitch in first sc. fasten off and tie in loose ends.
Pattern 4: Wagon Wheel
round 1: in a magic ring dc 12. pull tight an sl into the first dc.
round 2: ch 3 (counts as a dc) dc in same stitch, fpdc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc repeat 5 times. fpdc, sl stitch to join.
round 3:ch 3 (counts as a dc) dc in same stitch, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, fpdc in the fpcd of the row below. 2 dc in ext stitch, dc, 2 dc in next stitch repeat from * to * 5 times, fpdc, sl stitch to join.
round 4: ch 1 (does not count), sc, (2 sc in next dc, sc in next dc) two times. fpsc,sc, (2 sc in next dc, sc in next dc) two times repeat from * to * 5 times, fpsc, slip stitch into first sc. fasten off and weave in loose ends.
If the patterns could be improved please let me know in the comments! Hope you enjoy making these patterns.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.