One of my friends recently asked me to make a cute little bottle warmer for her cousins new little girl. I struggled to find a pattern that I really liked! I ended up combining the heart stitch, star stitch and bead stitch. This resulted in an adorable little cozie perfect to keep any warmed bottle of milk ready for your bub. You can find the pattern for free below, or you can download an ad free version the pattern from my raverly store.
What you need:
- Yarn: aran weight yarn 45g approx.
- 40g in colour A and 5g in Colour B.
- I used Poppy value ball from spotlight. (50g=68m)
- 5mm hook
Stitches you will need to know:
Note, this pattern is in US terms.
SC: Single Crochet
INC: Two SC in the same stitch
HDC:Half Double Crochet
SL: Slip Stitch
Bead: Bead stitch. One Bead: DC, *yarn over, insert hook behind the post of the DC, yarn over and pull through* repeat from * to * two more times. Yarn over and pull through.
How to star stitch: To start CH3. Draw a loop through the second chain from the hook, draw a loop through the third chain from the hook draw a loop through the base stitch of the CH3, draw a loop in the next stitch across, draw a loop through the next stitch across. you should now have six loops on your hoop. yarn over and pull through all 6 loops. CH1. This makes the first part of the star.
For all following stars pull a loop through the eye of the star (made from the CH1), a loop in between the lower spile of the star, the base stitch of the previous star and the next two stitches, yarn over, pull through all stitches. CH1.
The base is worked in a spiral and the walls are worked in rounds in colour A.
R1: In a magic circle SC7 pull tight to close. do not join.
R2: INC in each stitch around 
R3: (INC, SC) repeat from ( to ) around 
R4: (INC, SC,SC) repeat from ( to ) around 
R5: HDC around in BLO in each stitch. SL to join Do not fasten off. CH1
The base is now complete.
We will now make the walls of the bottle cozy. You may choose to change colour here if you want the base to be in the contrasting colour.
I used Colour A.
R1: in the third loop of the HCD from the base HDC, repeat round 
R2: This row is star stitch. if you are familiar with it star stitch around [14 stars]
R3: CH1 and turn work, 2HDC in the eye of each star around. SL into the first HCD CH1 and turn. [28 HDC]
R4: HDC around SL into first HDC, CH1
R5: SC around SL into first SC. Fasten off and weave in ends.
R6: Join colour B into any stitch. CH2, DC in same stitch (Counts as first DCtog2), CH1, DCTog2 in same stitch. *CH3, Sk 5, in the same stitch DCTOG2 CH1 DCTOG2* Repeat 4 times, CH1, SK3, in the same stitch DCTOG2 CH1 DCTOG2, CH1, SL into first DCTOG2. Fasten off colour B. [ 6 hearts]
R7: Using colour A: Start at the first heart after CH1 spaces. There will be 5 skipped stitches. make a standing HDC in the first space around the CH3 in colour B. HDC in the next two stitches around the colour B chain, *CH2, SC in the CH1 space between the DC2TOG from above, CH2, in the second skipped stitch HDC, HDC, HDC* Repeat from * to * around until the final heart. In the final heart there will only be one HDC either side. SL into the first HDC.
R8: SC around, SL into first SC, CH1
R8: HDC around SL into first HDC, CH1
R9: in the third loop of the HCD from the base HDC, repeat round. SL into first HDC, CH1 
R10: in the third loop of the HCD from the base HDC, repeat round. SL into first HDC, CH1 
R11: in the third loop of the HCD from the base HDC, repeat round. SL into first HDC, CH1 
R12: CH2, Bead stitch around [14 beads]
R13: HDC around SL into first HDC, CH1
R14: in the third loop of the HCD from the base HDC, repeat round. SL into first HDC, CH1 
R15: in the third loop of the HCD from the base SC, repeat round. SL into first SC, CH2 
R16: DC in each stitch this round, SL to join 
R17: CH1, in the third stitch from the CH1 make 5 DC, SK2 SL into next stitch * Sk 2, make 5 DC in next stitch, SK2, SL* repeat around until 3 stitches remain. In the last three stitches (SK1, 5DC in next stitch, SL into the starting CH1).
Fasten off. The body is complete.
In Colour B
Chain 50. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Note, it 50 does not feel long enough,increase until you are happy with the length.
Weave the chain through the DC’s from round 16.
Make two in colour B
In a magic circle: CH2, 2DC, 2HDC, DC, 2HDC, 2DC, CH2 and SL into the circle. Pull circle tight and fasten off.
Sew the hearts to the end of the chain
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.